Thank you from your winner – Dave!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Dave to tell us about winning I’m an Engineer, and here is what he said…

I was really delighted when I found out on Thursday that I’d won the competition – it put me in a great mood just as the St Patrick’s Day festivities were about to begin. I’m really happy that I took part in the contest; it gave me the opportunity to talk to people around the country about the work that engineers do.

I sincerely hope that the people we talked to now have a better idea about what work as engineer is like, and that a few of them will have been inspired enough to think about becoming engineers themselves. Engineering paves the way for the future of our planet, and it’s so important that lots of people from all different backgrounds are involved in making that future.

Personally, I’m very happy to have been involved in this event, and all the guys at the I’m an Engineer team did a great job organizing all the live chats and ask sessions. I know too that the other engineers in the Health Zone: Veasna, Claire B, Claire C, and Bobby had a lot of fun answering your questions and were super happy to have met you all. Thank you all.

I’m really looking forward to building my mock surgery rig. I’ve done lots of open days and science events where I thought that it would be fun and cool to show people how stenting surgery works. Now I have the opportunity (and money!) to do that.

Posted on March 22, 2017 by modmichaela in News. Leave a comment